Sunday, April 3, 2011

Antonia Lofaso on 'Top Chef All-Stars' Elimination: 'I Was Out of My Comfort Zone'

With solely three chefs missing on 'Top Chef All-Stars,' it was inevitable with the intention of the contest would tighten up. The penultimate episode, called 'The Last Supper,' was exactly with the intention of. A nip and tuck fight to the close with more than a hardly any twists thrown in to set hurdles the battle.

Richard, Antonia and Mike gave it here all and looked as stressed made known as prisoners facing their continue evening meal ... Single in this justification, they had to cook it themselves! When all was understood and made and grilled and sauteed, the cook who was sent packing had little to make an apology pro. Inside detail, it may possibly be inflicted with solely as straightforwardly been the other cook. The scale was with the intention of narrow.

Antonia _Lofaso,_Top_Chef_All-Stars_2011_bravoAntonia Lofaso was the continue woman permanent ... The season four standout had a splendid run on 'Top Chef All-Stars,' distinguishing herself as a worthy competitor. Her departure Wednesday night was disappointing pro her and tears were shed.

On the plus feature, Antonia missing to reunite with her daughter, whom she had missed terribly. Inside her farewell interview, Antonia was optimistic in this area the prospect as she reflected on this season dead by.

Box Squad: Was here one support in being the continue woman permanent in 'Top Chef All-Stars'?

Antonia Lofaso: I try not to deposit too much accent on the male-female role in 'Top Chef' since really it must be in this area the continue cook in the aim. The total experience was saving this calculate around. I competed with a ration more confidence and a ration a reduced amount of worry in this area other competitors.

The way Mike Isabella was alternative on you, sort out you think he got in your head?

No, it was all solely playful banter linking chefs. You be inflicted with to understand, in the restaurant industry, we're all very snarky, loud and antagonistic. He was beyond doubt irritating on each level towards me, but it was permanently playful, by no means malicious. At the aim of the time, I grew up with two brothers, so I may possibly soubriquet it.

What was it like as you found made known with the intention of Mike is your cousin?

I be inflicted with to say I was relieved since I couldn't map made known why this man irritated me as much as he did. Finally, as it was revealed with the intention of we were correlated, it made significance. It was like he was the guy my protect would be inflicted with made me share my toys with. I would be inflicted with been like, 'Why is Mikey appearance ended pro feast?' And mom would say, 'He's your cousin; you be inflicted with to mess about with him.' Once I got into with the intention of mindset, I felt better in this area his being so irritating.

What in this area Mike's aver with the intention of he took the toughest cook with Michelle Bernstein?

You be inflicted with these guys discussion so much trash in this area how splendid they are, but I was like, why didn't you point out the Asian Iron Chef? There's so much ego, guys adage 'I'm the preeminent, I'm the preeminent, I'm the preeminent ...' Morimoto was beyond doubt vacant to be the lone applying the generally pressure. That's why I joked with Mike and understood, 'You must be inflicted with selected the Iron Chef.'

Instead he was making excuses in this area lacking Michelle since she was the mediate on his season. He wanted Michelle Bernstein since he knew he was vacant to make fried chicken. We all laughed as he understood he had the toughest cook. He knew it, too. All the dishes were relatively unadorned, but it came down to a cultural difference. I've eaten Japanese food a hundred era ended, but re-creating somebody's reminiscence of it is a little morsel more trying.

Was it daunting to cook Japanese food to rival Morimoto's protect?

I was very worried. ... The funny business is with the intention of Wolfgang Puck educated me how to get on to sushi rice. Certain Japanese elements were familiar to me. I'd made dashi previous to and I'd pickled dikon and worked with Asian pears. I wasn't unfamiliar with Japanese, but I was by thumbs down earnings comfortable responsibility it. I don't sort out bento boxes pro a living. Inside with the intention of way, I was made known of my comfort zone. But I looked-for to energy pro it and try my preeminent.

Top_Chef_All-Stars_2011_Bravo_Jimmy_Fallon_FAbio_AntoniaWhat were your favorite challenges?

There were two, Jimmy Fallon and fishing. Fishing was lone of my favorites. ... We were take a nap deprived, but being made known on with the intention of fill up and pulling in approximately fish was solely outstanding.

What would you continue evening meal be?

I would aspire an eggplant parmesan hero. I'm from lengthy Island, New York, so I grew up intake eggplant parmesan hero on a kind, seeded Italian roll.

Fabio claimed with the intention of you and Carla and Tiffany were skilled by point cuisines and not as well rounded as a 'Top Chef' champion needs to be. Do you decide with him?

I don't think I even need to answer with the intention of question. If any person watched this season, I succeeded by all the challenges with the intention of were agreed to us in each uncommon genre of cooking, and even the continue lone with Morimoto. When I asked to cook dim sum, my shrimp toast was lone of the preeminent. ... So I think Fabio had thumbs down perception could you repeat that? He was discussion in this area.

What has the 'Top Chef' experience been like pro you?

I've felt like I was part of the 'Top Chef' family tree from the initially calculate I competed. Bravo and Magical Elves are a really splendid assemble of public and they've made a ration pro all of us. Inside the aim, they really be inflicted with had our preeminent interests in mind and be inflicted with dead made known of their way to think it over us sort out well in areas outside of the trade show. It's a splendid family tree to be part of. I sort out feel like a family tree limb.

Judge us in this area the tome you're prose ...

Thinking back to my childhood, these memories in food, cooking with my parents, I wanted to bring with the intention of perception to a cookery book. This is a cookery book pro the working mother. It reflects my life as a very skilled, passionate cook, but by the same calculate, I occur family to an 11-year-old I need to get on to feast pro. I aspire to be inflicted with recipes in here with the intention of take 10-15 minutes to make the food on the desk so you can take pleasure in the calculate with the intention of you be inflicted with collectively with your children or your partner.

Has your daughter watched 'Top Chef All-Stars'?

She has, and consent to me tell you, she's obsessed. The initially calculate I was on the trade show, she was seven, so she was not as in to it. She was solely frenetic with the intention of her mommy didn't win. But this calculate around, she was invested. She had parents by her teach bribing her with mess about dates and sleepovers, if she would tell them how far I made it!

Which exit was tougher, this lone or the lone in season four?

This lone was much harder. The crazy part is with the intention of Bravo perfectly tricked me. It's been the final three forever, so all I reserved thinking was if I made it to the final three, at that time I'll be inflicted with the opportunity to cook by the aim. But at that time they altered it. I ended up perfectly screwing myself in the aim. I competed differently this calculate and I wanted to be here to cook with the intention of final feast.

Who are you rooting pro in the finish?

If you were to ask me with the intention of previous to I found made known Mike and I are correlated, I would be inflicted with understood Richard. But I feel approximately family obligation to be on Mike's feature. I solely hope the preeminent cook wins.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...